Thursday, April 03, 2008

Killllllllll'n Time



And, I mean that. I really wanna go to bed, but I'm fixing a firing. I thought my Bartlett controller was supposed to make my life easier!
A day in the life of a pottermom-Up at 6:45, in the shower NOW, cuz it's my last chance.Erin off to school at 8:30- hit the basement and finish glazing yesterday's stuff. Load the rest of the kiln by 10am, Sean's up- feed, bathe, dress. Sean off to school at 12:15..............................deeeeeeeeep breath................................turn kiln on, make pots til 2:pm. Eat. Leave for the art center at 3, teach class from 4-5:30. Finish glazing for the 7 year olds, load the kiln there, leave by 7...............(still with me??) Thinking " okay, kiln at home should be up to ^6 by around now, hope it hits the cooldown by the time I get home....OH, no, what's that smoke coming out of the back of my car???!!" Car dies 3 miles from home, which is pretty good, considering it's a 20 mi. trip.


LOVE cell phones. Hubby comes to the rescue, I get home by 8:15 to find that my kiln sitter shut the kiln down too early (at least according to the witness cones) - and now I'm at 1740 degrees, cooled too fast for my mattes. So, here I sit, kiln is now cooling, around 2048.......should be able to go to bed soon. I'll let you know if I get good pots.

No comments: