Sunday, April 20, 2008

Where the Wild Things Are











Remember that book? I just want to personally thank Maurice Sendak for letting me know all those years ago exactly what it would be like to have a boy. Sean is a wild thing. He hasn't read the book yet, but he has Max written all over him- I'm convinced that the entire male species is made up of wild things- we moms have to spend years trying to teach them to suppress the wildness just enough to function in the real world. Sean is only 2, so he has plenty of wild hangin' right out in the open. I have to admit that even when I'm about to kill him, I'm in love with his wild innocence- I love his rolling terrible eyes and gnashing terrible teeth! And, like Max, the best thing to bring him back to reality is a good meal and a nap. But a meal and a nap does wonders for me, too!

I know what's really going on behind those eyes!



I just found out that there is a "Wild Things" movie in the works- so far, the anticipated reviews aren't so great...it's gonna be a live action thing, so I guess we'll see.

No comments: